Time & Location
Jan 21, 2023, 9:00 AM – Jan 22, 2023, 5:00 PM
blosm studio, Lake City, 12549 28th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125, USA
About the event
This class is an excellent way to begin your journey as a Gong Player. You don’t need a gong, or any musical experience to participate in this class. You will learn about gongs and how to play them! This class is offered by the Beneficial Sound Academy and your instructors are Wayne Marto and Roger Tjoelker.
Topics covered in this class include:
- The benefits and philosophy of gong playing
- Gong types and sizes
- Mallet types and sizes
- Techniques for effective mallet strikes
- Creating patterns and sequences
- Working with area, volume, and rhythm
- Gong selection and care
- How and where to buy gongs, mallets, stands, and bags.
This class has an abundance of exercises with hands-on playing and includes a certificate of completion from the Beneficial Sound Academy. If you have a gong, you are welcome to bring it, however the studio will also have the instructor's gongs available for practice excercises.
Dates and times:
- Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023 - 9:00am to 6:00pm with a 1-hour lunch break at 1:00pm
- Sunday, Jan. 22, 2023 - 8:00am to 5:00pm with a 1-hour lunch break at 12:00pm
12549 28th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98125
The studio is in the Lake City neighborhood of Seattle and there are several restaurants within walking distance.
This is the first of three classes offered in the Beneficial Sound Academy’s “Gong Playing Essentials” series.
The three classes are:
- Fundamentals (Jan. 21-22, 2023) – learn about gongs and how to play them.
- Creating Sessions (Apr. 22-23, 2023) – learn how to assemble and deliver a gong session.
- The Player (Jul. 15-16, 2023) – learn how to cultivate and advance the quality of your playing.
Click on the class name to learn more about the other classes. The cost of each class is $450, however we will offer a future discount if you decide to purchase additional classes in the series (contact Roger). If you would like to pay via Zelle, Venmo, or Paypal, select the "Manual" payment method which has information on where to send your payment.
Refund Policy: If you're unable to attend this event and notify firstname.lastname@example.org via email by January 14, 2023, you can request either a refund (less payment processing fees) or a transfer of your registration to a future class. Otherwise, you may lose the payment for the class unless you can get someone else to take your place or we can fill it from a waitlist.
If you have any questions about the Beneficial Sound Academy, please contact Wayne Marto at email@example.com or 425-296-6513
If you have any questions about the classes, payment, or studio, please contact Roger Tjoelker at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-916-4428
We look forward to seeing you in class!
Gong Playing Essentials 1
Registration for Gong Playing Essentials 1: Fundamentals$450.00